The Windsor Chronicle

The Student News Site of Windsor High School

The Windsor Chronicle

The Windsor Chronicle

Leah Bacon
Seniors enjoy the sunrise at the senior sunrise event in August. Their last day was May 17 and graduation is on Sunday, May 26.

2024 senior class reflects on high school career, gives advice to incoming freshmen

The end of the school year is here again, and the class of 2024 is officially graduating. After a very fast four years, they are now headed to the real world.

These four years for the senior class have been anything but conventional, entering in 2020, in the midst of COVID. The then-freshmen were welcomed into high school with masks and a hybrid schedule, leading to a less-than-normal start to high school. Now, four years later, they are the final class to be affected by the pandemic during their high school years.

The hardships and struggles were definitely elevated for this year’s class, but, despite this, they have remained determined in their personal growth, embodying the spirit of resilience. As they continue on to the next chapter of their lives, they carry with them not only the knowledge gained in the classroom but also the invaluable lessons learned through perseverance.

As a senior myself, I can attest to this. But, as tough as high school was, the experiences you go through as you grow up are truly priceless. When you are an underclassman, you think the day will never come — and next thing you know you’re about to graduate. As a senior, my personal advice to incoming high school students is to just enjoy it as much as you can, whatever it may be. It is a unique, entertaining and challenging time in your life that is a once-in-a-lifetime chance you will not get back. Take chances, get involved and enjoy both the good and the bad. When done with high school — which will come so much faster than anyone would expect — try to think that you had the best high school experience possible.

I would say the most important thing to adapt to in high school is finding a balance. Get work done, but also have fun along the way. As long as you stay caught up on work and don’t forget to have fun, high school will be a great, memorable experience.

For a continued story and all you need to know about 2024 senior graduation and dates, read Fun-filled farewell: Exploring the exciting activities planned for seniors’ last week.